The Subrogation Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to assist the Director of Legal Services with the administration and management of the Claim Department’s subrogation program. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, processing subrogation referrals, responding to inquiries from third party attorneys and our subrogation partners and reporting subrogation results. This position will also be responsible processing all Maine legal mail, including hearing and mediation notices. The incumbent will need to communicate with third parties, injured workers, attorneys as well as, other members of the Claim Department and other MEMIC departments.
- Coordinates assignment of subrogation referrals to MEMIC Defense Attorneys and outside subrogation attorneys and maintains subrogation referral database.
- Provides support to MEMIC Defense Attorneys in all facets of the subrogation process.
- Processes and records all subrogation recoveries.
- Uses proprietary databases to research accident reports and other needed items to aid in the subrogation process.
- Processes and secured motor vehicle accident reports when requested by adjusters.
- Acts as a liaison between MEMIC and our subrogation vendor partners.
- Works with the Defense Attorneys to ensure that the subrogation liens are current on their claims.
- Monitors new indemnity claims on monthly basis to ensure subrogation referrals are being made.
- Processes Maine’s legal mail and provides notification to Claim’s staff of mediation and hearing dates.
- Assists in the development of subrogation project programs, practices and protocols.
- Provides back up to assistance to the Litigation Coordinator or Legal Assistants, when needed.
- Associates Degree and one to three years’ experience or equivalent work experience and/or education.
- Must have excellent research and comprehension skill.
- Microsoft Oﬃce skills are a must (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Previous claims experience is a plus.
- Strong written communication skills are essential.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.