Underwriting Compliance & Training Summer 2019 Internship
MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or can be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The Compliance & Training Internship will provide a college student the opportunity to work with the Underwriting Compliance Department. This individual will assist with the review and organization of the Compliance Department tools. This individual will also assist with the development of the new Underwriting learning system.
- Assists with the review and organization of updated filings in the current Compliance tools; Imageright, Vinyl, Knowledge Base.
- Assists with the review of company specific endorsements, rates and rules to confirm consistency with all states and companies.
- Assists in the development of the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Works with the Senior Technical Writer in evaluating, creating, and transferring learning documentation to the LMS and the Knowledge Base from various sources.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, Excel and word.
- Must have excellent information gathering skills.