Organizational Development & Training Director
The Organizational Development & Training Director is responsible for planning, developing and executing an innovative corporate organizational development & training program to drive the organizational performance and meet the needs of the MEMIC Group. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the education, training and development opportunities for the organization are communicated and delivered to facilitate the development of the organization’s human resources across the enterprise. The incumbent will guide, collaborate and in some instances instruct programs to create consistency of content in all programs. The incumbent will work closely and strategize with the training and development professionals in other divisions to implement and execute enterprise wide organizational development solutions aimed at talent management, performance development, diversity and inclusion, change management, career development, production efficiencies and leadership effectiveness.
This will include a variety of activities, including but not limited to conducting advanced analyses to determine development opportunities, determining functional approaches that align with Company strategy, and overseeing the implementation of projects addressing organizational development initiatives.
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the organization. Identifies best practices and lessons learned and incorporates them into program plans.
- Leads Implementation of Organizational Development and Change Management Projects, Initiatives and Programs.
- Assesses learning and development areas and opportunities along with needs across all levels. Identifies and prioritizes mission critical skills for program development.
- Identifies and assesses current and future organizational development needs through process analysis and collaboration with Senior Management to meet corporate objectives and consultation with department managers. Creates curriculum to facilitate the development of the resources and meet the organizations expectations.
- Builds relationships and partners with a variety of stakeholders including all managers and professional staff in all divisions. Conducts direct observation of teams to identify gaps and areas of development for future programming or adjustments of current programming.
- Works closely with Human Resources and other divisional professionals to assist in the development of a Learning Management System that will bring the appropriate technology to the enterprise.
- Assesses employees’ skills, talents, performance and productivity and prepares written evaluations with advice for improvement.
- Monitors and evaluates training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and reports results for program changes and enhancements.
- Prepares and manages training budget.
- Ensures Strategic Organizational Alignment with HR, Talent Management and Culture.
- Resolves any specific problems and tailors training programs as necessary.
- Researches new training materials and supplies that might enhance our training and development procedures and provide value to our employees.
- Supports the implementation of the organizational development and training programs, flexibly adapting to serve multiple audiences, enterprise-wide.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior or relevant field with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Change Management and/or Human Resources Consulting experience.
- Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) certification preferred or other certifications for coaching and/or mentoring.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
- Ability to synthesize information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Ability to be highly flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous environment.
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful professional training programs that would include production training as well as professional leadership programs.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (adult learning, mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with proven ability to develop programming for leadership skills enhancements.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for automating reports and documenting training manuals.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and database administration.
- Preferred experience with survey data (i.e. engagement, satisfaction, etc.).
- Strong knowledge and experience in a variety of change management principles, practices, processes and techniques.
- Demonstrated success working with and managing cross-functional teams, committees and councils to identify organizational development gaps, define solutions, and manage the implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in developing organizational development models and assessment tools
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.