Training & Development Summer 2019 Internship
MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or can be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be 22.5 hours per week.
The Claims Training & Development Intern will provide research and development assistance to the Training & Development Team. This overarching project will have a few key facets of focus which will ultimately contribute to the larger implementation of an all-inclusive training program rollout. These areas include assessment validation, scenario based training mapping and storyboarding and learning management system end-user acceptance/helpdesk. Additionally, there may be opportunities for eLearning design and editing.
- Researches and develops plans of action related to topics assigned.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts to identify topics for scenario based training and create storyboards for the scenario experience.
- Works through storyboards for destination accuracy and loop closures.
- Creates feedback loops in accordance with the competency models.
- Enters data, assists in report building and provides customer service for learning management system end users.
- Supports training team in any area of need to include filming and editing of training sessions, as well as, other activities associated with live in-person and live remote training events.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with a Learning Management System or database is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills, specifically in reading, writing and explanation and sequential ordering of information.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and/or Captivate a plus, as is any video editing or animation experience.
- Must work well with a diverse team.
- Must be able to effectively manage time and multiple projects.