Claim Business Analyst
The Claim Business Analyst will analyze existing workflow and processes and recommend and manage system modifications to meet the changing needs of the Claim department. The Claim Business Analyst will work with all necessary subject matter experts, internal Claim staff, internal IT staff and third party service providers in order to achieve this goal. This role will monitor system changes from inception to completion, coordinating all aspects of implementation, as well as, monitor, summarize and communicate changes and status to relevant Claim department employees.
- Serves as a liaison between the Claim department, IT teams and vendor partners.
- Partners with vendor and technology teams to define and document business requirements, test system results, and confirm implementation of system changes.
- Monitors the progress of all defects, enhancements and changes sent to system partners for implementation.
- Reviews and/or coordinates the review of vendor specifications with appropriate subject matter expert to ensure quality and accuracy in all system changes.
- Validates vendors test results and internal test results to confirm system accuracy.
- Provides ongoing vendor production support.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Organizes and files all documentation.
- Assists with data reporting and data analysis in coordination with Data Analyst as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in business or related field with 1-3 years business analysis experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Proficient in business case development, process improvement, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Insurance background desired.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) a must.
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise critical thinking are essential.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to adapt to changing needs.
- Must be able to work independently while managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with cross-functional teams consisting of both peer and management level personnel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.