Underwriting Data Analytics Summer 2019 Internship
MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or can be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The Underwriting Data Analytics Intern will be responsible in assisting with Underwriting’s data analytics initiatives by: gathering, scrubbing, and creating data reports; creating impactful data visualizations; and, presenting results to Underwriting staff and Management. In addition, the intern will also be working closely with agency services to assist in leads, producer assignments, and coordinate agency events.
- Gathers and scrubs internal and external data for underwriting analytics.
- Uses excel/R to flesh out data, and Power BI to create stunning and effective data visualizations.
- Presents data to Underwriting and Senior Management in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists Agency Services in producer assignments, leads reporting generations, and agency events as needed.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in mathematics & statistics.