IT Project Management Summer 2019 Internship
MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Project Management Office Intern will gain practical experience with many different aspects of project management, systems development and process management within an IT organization. The Intern will assist the Director, PMO, Project Managers and Business Analysts with process documentation for specific functions and projects. By the end of the internship, the student will have a broad knowledge of IT Project Management functions, the Project Management Life Cycle and Systems Development Life Cycle. The individual will need strong written and verbal communications skills in order to document current state processes and help develop updated versions of key project management documents and process documents.
- Documents workflows and processes in Microsoft Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Reviews existing documentation and updates as needed.
- Participates in projects and project team meetings to learn about project management and the application of tools and templates. Assists with preparing agendas, notes and schedules for meetings.
- Prepares general communications and processes mapping documents and policy updates.
- Depending on skill level, may be assigned low-complexity projects to lead with oversight by a Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst or the Director, PMO.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Technical Writing, Communications or other related majors preferred.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must have Microsoft Office suite experience.
- Must have the ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative and creativity.
- Must have the ability to complete projects on a timely basis, identify obvious problems and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Must be able to work and succeed in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.