IT Technical Support Summer 2019 Internship
MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or can be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Technical Support Intern will be exposed to the day to day activities of a Technical Support Specialist. This internship would be a good starting point for someone looking to get into the operational side of IT.
- Answers Help Desk phone to assist employees with technical issues.
- Works on Help Desk tickets from start to completion through Service Now.
- Assists with the setup, deployment and support of new or replacement business equipment and software.
- Assists with tracking current technical inventory.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Information Technologies majors preferred.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Experience with Windows 7/10, Microsoft office suite and dell hardware preferred.
- Must be able to work and succeed in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to complete projects on a timely basis, identify obvious problems and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.