Business Systems Analyst
The IT Business System Analyst will analyze existing business processes and information systems and recommend modifications to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Serves as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow. This includes being the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
- Constructs workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
- Required to assess and validate business activities and to determine if a solution has fulfilled the requirements.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support and training users.
- Works independently with users to define concepts
- Challenges business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with at least 1-3 years’ experience in business analysis or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient in business case development, process improvement, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Technical skills: Very strong knowledge of MS Office Suite required. Experience with business intelligence applications preferred. Programming experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication, verbal and written skills a must.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.