Underwriting Training & Development Manager
The Training and Development Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the training and development activities of staff within the Underwriting Department. The Training and Development Manager is responsible for the administration of the departments Learning Management System. In addition, the incumbent identifies individual and group training needs and administers plans, procedures and programs to meet training needs; and, subsequently evaluates their effectiveness.
- Evaluates, develops, implements and monitors training programs within the Underwriting Department to increase individual and organizational performance, employee morale and enhance employee skills.
- Responsible for the Learning Management System (LMS) development and department wide deployment.
- Responsible for the selection, orientation, development, and training and performance management of direct reports.
- Oversees development of departmental training materials, including multimedia visual aids and presentations, testing and evaluation processes.
- Works with Underwriting Senior Management to craft individual training plans for specific employees and/or teams and assesses progress when warranted.
- Analyzes training program effectiveness and submits reports and recommendations to all levels of management.
- Management, oversight, and facilitation of the Underwriting Quality Review Program
- Provides leadership through effective communication, motivation, coaching, innovation and goal setting to achieve superior customer service.
- Assists Underwriting management in the appropriateness of utilizing outside vendors to accomplish organizational training goals and objectives.
- Implements and sustains subsequent learning strategies and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree with three to five years of direct training and training program creation experience preferred.
- Experience with training in the Insurance or education industry preferred. Workers’ compensation experience a plus.
- Proficient with a Learning Management System (LMS), such as Accord, Cornerstone, Torch, etc. is required.
- Management experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Quickly adapts to and incorporates new training technologies.
- Experience in working with third-party vendors.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to self-motivate to meet strict timelines.
- Exceptional interpersonal written and verbal skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.