Data Governance Analyst
The Data Governance Analyst ensures the successful execution of MEMIC’s Enterprise Data Management program across business areas through the implementation of data management activities and solutions while working in partnership with business and Information Technology.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of all MEMIC’s data assets and sources.
- Develops and maintains authoritative master and reference data sets across the enterprise.
- Develops and maintains a metadata repository, including a business glossary and data dictionary.
- Identifies and supports data owners and data stewards within the business areas. Works closely with data stewards to implement policies and standards around data quality, metadata, and data security and privacy.
- Oversees data quality management activities including data profiling, data validation, and assessing data relevancy to further improve information reliability.
- Leads root cause analysis and manages data remediation. Manages, prioritizes and maintains the inventory of data issues for communication and future remediation.
- Works with business partners to understand and document business processes and their role and impact on the information lifecycle.
- Develops and communicates data management scorecards and dashboards based on key metrics and indicators.
- Documents and maintains data governance activities, maintains logs, and records issues and corresponding resolutions.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with internal and external parties. Communicates data management changes and improvements with data stewards.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of data management tools to improve capabilities in managing accurate and reliable data.
- Educates others on data management practices to effectively implement and manage data management standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with at least 2-4 years' experience in data management.
- Proficient in data management knowledge areas, particularly data governance, metadata management, data quality, and master and reference data management.
- Proficient in business case development, process improvement, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Technical skills: Very strong knowledge of MS Office Suite required. Experience with business intelligence applications preferred. Programming experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication, verbal and written skills a must.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of project management principles including a demonstrated understanding of project lifecycles and traditional project management activities.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.