Customer Service Representative
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for an innovative company in the heart of downtown Portland? Do you want to put your customer service skills to use while joining a company that focuses on our broader social responsibility?
MEMIC is no ordinary insurance company. We're a company built on the need for change. For policyholders, that means a hard-to-match commitment to workplace safety and compassionate claims management. For MEMIC employees, that means a great place to work.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for First Report of Injury entry and answering the customer service line.
- Answers First Report of Injury claim phone line and inputs the First Report of Injury into the Claims computer system.
- Answers Customer Service line and assists MEMIC customers answering claim department questions which may include inquiries from providers, agents, insureds and claimants.
- Set-ups and maintains claim information which includes but is not limited to adding and changing addresses, voiding checks, putting in recoveries, changing policy numbers, electronic fund transfers and debit card enrollment.
- Provides clerical support to the Claims Department which includes: Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), and First Report penalties research.
- Assists, when necessary, processing the Claim Departments mail which includes: opening, sorting, prepping for scanning and indexing mail and faxes into ImageRight.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous customer service experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Speed and accuracy in typing a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication a must.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks a must.